Tuesday, June 27, 2006

RAINY, FORT-MAKING DAY

MH, Liam, and I are settling into summer.

I used to have grandiose ideas about all that I would get done during my summers off:

~Self-publish a book of my poems.

~Write a chick lit. novel or children's book just for fun, or the biography I have in the back of my mind.

~Super-clean and organize the house, including the attic.

~Have a yard sale.

~Follow an actual schedule, including an hour of "school" for the kids a day.

Now, I have a more realistic approach to summer. I have to account for the crash time we always have transitioning. Must resist the urge to get up and go. Must remember that it's ok for them to watch Little Bear, Kipper, and/or the baby animal documentary again, besides, it's still raining. In fact, sure Liam, go ahead and wear your Cars pjs all day. Go for it!

Yesterday, we bought a bag of goodies at the Scrap Exchange, and today, we have projects scattered all around the dining room floor, and the family room has been transformed into a fort by sheets and blankets.

Remember those days when you were little: the rainy, fort-making days?

Now, they are wearing red ball caps and scarves around their waists - they are mountain climbing of course - where's my camera?

4 Comments:

Blogger Pris said...

I love plans. They're so much fun to break lol Great post!

7:07 PM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger Julie Carter said...

I gotta tell ya, the self-publishing thing is pretty darned easy once you get in gear. Do it! Rah!

7:11 PM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Thanks Pris - it is fun to go with the flow . . .

Hi Julie - I need a cheerleader - thanks!

10:19 PM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

P.S. I found my camera, but the batteries are dead - oh well - if I write a poem about my little mountain climbers - I'll remember it just as well - maybe better.

8:13 AM, June 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home