Sunday, June 25, 2006

WHO'S BLOGGING ABOUT RACHAEL RAY?

Well, me, among others . . .

When my daughter gets asked what she is doing this summer, she says, "You know that chef on tv Rachael Ray? Well, we're cooking lots of her recipes . . ." This is so ironic because we don't even have cable anymore so don't get to see her in action. Maybe they have a best of DVD?

Besides the chicken dish, we've also made:

~Bread Pizza Stuffed with Meat and Mushrooms (yum)

~Bacon Bit Burgers with Smoked Gouda and Steak House Smothered Onions (out-of-this-world delicious)

We'll try a pasta dish next, maybe Everything Low Mein. Our challenge is still how to get the three-year-old boy to try new things. We may have to make a more plain version of everything for him.

3 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

Hey J.B. - yes there is a DVD! She has a DVD with episodes of 30 Minute Meals on it. They sell it on the Food Network website (www.foodnetwork.com), but I bet you can find a better price.

I made those Bacon Bit Burgers with Gouda (again) today and got my brother in law to admit they were better than his favorite burger chain.

I look forward to hearing about the Everything Lo Mein. I have carried a grocery list for that around twice, but have never actually bought the stuff and made it.

Happy cooking! I'll include this post in the Friday roundup!

1:59 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Thanks Madeline - I'll look into the DVDs - my daughter would probably like to get something like that for her birthday.

Tonight we cooked the Italian tuna casserole - which was suprisingly tasty. (When I think of tuna casserole I don't usually have high hopes.) The Lo Mein has a lot of ingredients that are difficult to find at my local grocer - maybe later.

6:49 PM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Undomesticated Goddess said...

I am so sorry... so so sorry. really, you don't need a cookbook. Just grab whatever, slather it in EVOOextravirginoliveoil and you are good to go!

10:19 PM, June 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home