Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I COOKED, I COOKED!

I cooked an actual dinner. I know that is an everyday event for most mothers, but I am hearing more and more about women whose husbands make dinner nightly. Now I like to cook, don't get me wrong, but my husband LOVES to and usually butts in when I try I'm stirring and tells me how he would do it. So I gave up on cooking early in the marriage. This summer, my daughter, MH, and I are learning how to cook (better) together. We have matching aprons. :)

Tonight, we plated Balsamic Chicken with White Beans and Wilted Spinach, a recipe from MH's favorite TV chef Rachael Ray. It was delicious, if I do say so myself. Next time: less onion and less wilting of the spinach. The best part was, she was more inclined to eat a meal she had a part in making, and she encouraged her brother to eat it as well. I think we're onto something here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of TV chefs: Has anyone been wathcing the start of the second season of Hell's Kitchen? It's hilariously horrifying!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gadget Alert: I bought a stainless steel cocktail shaker that has the recipes for 15 mixed drinks around the outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home