Saturday, October 07, 2006

WHAT WE DO FOR LOVE



































Instead of buying these books for myself, I bought books for my children. These are the choices I make: warm pjs for them always trump anything I might be needing. I never understood why my mother never bought anything for herself. I get it now. There is always a higher priority when you have children. They are the priority. Plus, buying for them is always much more satisfying, more fun. *Sigh*

Right now, my son is upstairs having a "playdate" with his friend. They are trying to see how big of a mess they can make. *Bang* Maybe I should go check on them again. *Bang* Have I talked about the playdate phenom yet? How odd it is to schedule playtimes for your children. They have neighborhood friends, but we plan times for them to get together with friends from school. Our lives are so busy, we need to schedule playing in.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You added Google ads and a Google Search! Good for you! If I may make one suggestion: Move the ads to your sidebar. They are too upfront and direct on the top. Besides, some people might think from the postion of the ads that your blog is a splog (spam blog).

2:40 PM, October 08, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Good suggestion, Jake, thanks! I'm afraid I messed up my template a bit, since I don't know anything about html and I am learning from trial and error. Oh well!

2:56 PM, October 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also noticed that you centered your sidebar. I can now say that you know wayyy more than my parents. Coming from me, that's a honor. ;)

3:49 PM, October 08, 2006  
Blogger Pat Paulk said...

I love Mary Oliver!! We live our lives on schedules. Hopefully, Mom and Dad schedule some "playtime" for themselves!!

8:17 AM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Hi Pat - Mary Oliver is inspiring not only through her poetry, but because she DOESN'T live her life on a schedule. And as for mommy and daddy playtime - do you mean a date - ha! Who has time for that? We are noting that today is our 12th year together (9th year of marriage) - maybe we should go on a date!

What's your favorite Mary Oliver poem?

9:09 PM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger Pat Paulk said...

Julie, I have just in the last 3 months discovered Mary Oliver from MB Whitaker at "Find Me a Bluebird". I've read two of her books "Dream Work" and "West Wind". I don't have a favorite as such, but I love her love for nature, and how her poems are ripe with that passion. Each walk, each star and raindrop are her lovers, and she tenderly displays them on the page.Didn't mean to wax poetic, but I do love her work.

8:16 AM, October 10, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Never apologize about waxing poetic, Pat! Especially about Mary Oliver, she is a worthy topic . . . my husband read her poem Wild Geese at his brother's wedding, but all her poems are lift off at the end. She has a gift.

5:27 PM, October 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home