Saturday, July 29, 2006

CHAOS THEORY POEM

Today we took MH's training wheels of her bike and gave it a go. Her inclination to GO has always been so powerful, but her confidence can't quite keep up.

Chaos Theory

I.
I knew you first
in a swirl of cosmos
inside churn of life
brewing soul in a grain
of rice

II.
it doesn't happen
just like that

your father said
I smiled
hand on the ceiling
of your sky

III.
I dreamt you
your dark hair
played with you
on the floor until told
to put you back
startled awake
by the thought
of logistics

IV.
you took a pacifier
like a piece of love
couldn't wait
to get out of my arms
off of my lap
and go

~j.b.

1 Comments:

Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Hi Anna - great to "see" you! Thanks for the comment - this is my first baby poem in some time . . .
Julia

3:19 PM, July 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home