Thursday, March 09, 2006

WORKING MOTHERS UNITE!

Is it just me, or is it reassuring to think that the rich and famous deal with potty training and other parenting issues, just like regular moms do? Sure, they probably have hired help, but still... nice to think that they are inspired by (and despair over!) the same mundane moments we non-red carpet folks experience. Check out this poem by Denise Wadsworth Trimm, former chair of the creative writing department for the Alabama School of Fine Arts who now finds herself the mother of a two-year-old who inspires her daily.

Working Mother

Madonna is recreating herself again,
potty dancing and working out
a pooping schedule and wishing
for predictable peeing.

Banging her head against
the wall was inspired not by the Kabala,
but from hours leaning
over her daughter waiting, waiting, waiting,
for hot tinkle to hit plastic and dreaming, dreaming, dreaming,
of diaper-free days.

- Denise Trimm

1 Comments:

Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

Oh, my gosh. I found your blog through CHBM.

But the more I dig through your posts, the more I fall in love with your poetry. I have to link this one to a post sometime today, it is so awesome, true.

I rewrite songs to reflect my crazy days, but your poetry is artful. Love it.

8:25 AM, March 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home