Wednesday, February 01, 2006

CONFIDENCE

In the spirit of Michelle e o's blog Headlines & Poetry (which is always a good read - check it out), I am writing a spontaneous (and silly) poem in response to this headline:

Bush Urges Confidence in His Leadership


Confidence is not granted
when simply asked for
it's earned.

How long should we keep
our hand in the fire
pretending it doesn't burn?

How long can we tip our heads
at the sound of a silent
roar?

No more. No More.

P.S. In the photo with the article, what do you think Bush is showing the size of?

The economy?

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle M. Buchanan said...

JB, I'm honored, thanks so much. Great poem too, I think this would be excellent read aloud, especially the ending.

and ha! I clicked the link to see the picture and you made me laugh out loud.

9:38 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Pris said...

I like the poem too! And the comment on the photo. Ohhhh :-)

7:40 AM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Twit is a good word for him Michael! That made me laugh . . . and I'm glad you got a laugh out of this too Michelle. Thanks Pris!

7:17 PM, February 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home