Tuesday, January 24, 2006

CAFE' CAFE'

I have been a regular lurker at cafe' cafe', which is the MiPOetic community with poems posted to be considered for IBPC and other ventures. Even if you're not a contributor to cafe' cafe', it is a great place to read a range of fresh, and sometimes astounding poetry. I like to try my hand at their monthly challenges set by Didi Menendez (editor of MiPO), and this month's challenge is to write an ode or a dialogue with fairly limited perimeters to insure the fresh factor. One of the choices was to write an ode about your bathrobe and/or slippers. I chose my bathrobe - I boring garment for a non-morning person. Here it is:

Bathrobe Ode
J.B. Rowell

Thick
Turkish
plain, white, and thirsty
for thoughts
freshly bubbled.

Wrap around,
cinch belt,
to keep from
slipping down
between hands:

to dos, you dos,
poem starts
forgot yesterdays,
remember todays,
and occasionally
epiphany.

Yoke of list
across back
of morning
carrying weak
protection against day
that will do
what it will.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pris said...

I like!! I've not been inspired yet. Am still waiting for a poem to come.

6:23 AM, January 25, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

When you least expect it - right?

7:05 AM, January 25, 2006  
Blogger Michelle M. Buchanan said...

Nice results JB. Those challenges are addicting!

3:40 PM, January 25, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Your dialogue between Mae and Reb is hilarious, Michelle. Thanks.

6:11 PM, January 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home