Saturday, January 28, 2006

WHEN YOU GROW UP



He wants to be a BIG BOY when he grows up . . . that's it. Prompting results in no more more details on what 3-year-old dreams for his future.

Not so long ago, she wanted to be a "Rock Star/President" - like that was a single job description. Now, she wants to be a song writer. In fact, she spent over an hour in her room yesterday sitting on her bed with a pad of paper and pen writing songs. One is about love, and the other is about dogs. My favorite line is, "Our dogs are perfectly fine." This could be a defining moment. Someday we may say, yes, she always wanted to be a song writer, in fact, when she was 6 . . . or maybe not.

What did YOU want to be when you were little, and what are you now? Or what do you still want to be when you "grow up"?

2 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

When I was a child, I wanted to write books, to be the first female president, and to be a mom.

Today I am a writer (though I haven't written a book yet) and a mom. Two out of three isn't bad! I don't want to be president anymore. I have enough stress as it is!

4:30 PM, January 29, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Hi Joy,
I think being a mom is more stressful than being president, you don't (usually) have all those people helping you.

I wanted to be a writer, and I'm a writer (also teacher & mom). My husband always wanted to be a scientist, and he is a scientist. How single-minded are we?

Thanks for coming by,
Julia

4:55 PM, January 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home