Thursday, February 02, 2006

BLOG NO, IT'S A "JOURNAL"

The Poetry Foundation has a new "journal" - not a blog - because they are apparantly "very very very tired of the word blog." (Hasn't the word journal been around for much longer than blog?) Each week, I guest poet takes over the "live journal" and this week Olena Davis talks about poetry, her kids, a poem on her kids, aging, and actually I'm not sure of all she talks about because I haven't made it through her dense ramblings. I ramble too, I know, but her ramblings have marathon stamina. I'll return to it when I am less tired.

She did pose this question in all caps like so:

"IS NOTHING SACRED TO YOU? IS EVERYTHING BLOGABLE????"

The answer of course is - yes and no.

Nothing is sacred.

Everything is blogable.

Even in a JOURNAL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reb Livingston has seen the light. She has been baptized in the waters of her own breaking water and baby spit up and has published in an all-mommy pub, mem, what she describes as her, "first all girl affair."

Reb says:

"The obvious truth is having a child has dramatically changed my life."

and

"Two years ago I wouldn't have bothered flipping through this publication -- but now I find it extremely vital and necessary."

Check out Reb's blog and the pub mem - here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Journal"

In the bloggy blog
of blogitude
a blog went blogging
and met a blogger
who bloggingly
blogged

blog you!

3 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

Love it! It made me laugh.

10:31 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Michelle M. Buchanan said...

Ha! "Blog you" - I just don't have the attention span to read all of the other, not right now anyway. I associate a journal with paper and a blog with a computer screen. But that's just me.

You can call them anything you want, but they're really just web pages. But it sounds so me me me when you say "look at my web page"
so let's start calling them Webags

"Ohhhh she's got some webage going on"

8:34 PM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Glad it made you laugh Craig - thanks.

You have excellent webags Michelle lol - and I think that blogs or journals or whatever you want to call them shouldn't be too long just by their very nature. But I don't have the attention span either!

:)

7:25 AM, February 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home