Friday, January 18, 2008

CAN I SAY I TOLD YOU SO YET?

We have been cloth diapering Shea for nine months, despite the fact that many people looked at us skeptically and even told us we wouldn't do it for long. We used a pack of sposies (disposable diapers) when he was first born, compliments of the hospital, and a couple of packs when we traveled. Otherwise, we have been using cloth diapers that we wash at home. There are so many reasons behind it:

~Saving $.

~No chemicals.

~Less waste.

~Cute and fluffy.

~Better for baby.

~Easier transition to potty learning.

Here's a nice, little article in TIME Magazine about the surge in cloth diapering with a few pros and cons. Frankly, I don't think doing a couple extra loads of laundry is as much of a con as dumping a TON of waste and chemicals in our landfills PER CHILD.

And Shea likes his fluffy buns too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

while i know all the good reasons to use cloth diapers (my husband and i are expecting in september!), i don't know if i can do it again. i did it with my daughter and i was so sick of washing them, and smelling them, and washing them... i really don't think i can do it again!!

12:17 PM, January 29, 2008  
Blogger Irene Latham said...

The great thing about this age and time is we have these kinds of choices. Each family should do what feels right for THEM. Reading this I realize how happy I am the diaper days are behind me. Well, except for nieces and nephews, two of which are coming for the weekend. Levi is 2, BrenLeigh is 15 months. I'm excited! But not about the diaper changing part. :)

9:28 AM, January 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home