Monday, May 15, 2006

THE PICKLE

For Mother's Day, I was treated to a mimosa and buffet brunch at the top of "The Pickle." The Pickle, officially called University Tower, is a green, glass building with views of Durham, including Duke and Duke Forest. Mostly you see green all around from this lone tower. I also received two pairs of earrings my daughter picked out at Target, sherbert striped pjs (also from Target), and a card from my 6-year-old daughter that said:

Dear Mommy,

Happy Mother's Day.

I like it when you help me with my homework. I would not be alive without you. I love when you make noodles with olives. Thank you for all the things you do for me.

After we read the card she said, "Mommy, are you crying?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat Paulk said...

Very beautiful!! Glad it was a good day with a gorgeous view!!

7:26 AM, May 15, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Thanks Pat -

7:01 PM, May 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home