Sunday, April 16, 2006

CHOCOLATE FOR BREAKFAST


Nothing like
chocolate
for breakfast
to start
a day off
just right.

HAPPY
EASTER!



Thank you Michelle and Didi for encouraging the use of Odeo for audio - yes it is easy! I haven't thought of anything clever to send on the subject of boots, but I did record a couple of poems only to discover how strange I sound. I still have a midwestern nasal sound from growing up outside Chicago, combined with a bit of a southern twang from my Birmingham days. Eeek.



Looking Over
J.B. Rowell

The young couple's chins
just clear the wooden fence
they built themselves
with the help of a few friends
and a few beers.

Now they are cutting
a garden into the grass,
hauling in dirt, but I can't see
what they are planting
just on the other side
down where they disappear.

Maybe something fell over
onto our side, or maybe
they are discussing
the state of our yard,
maybe they can't understand
the overgrown grass, dead patches,
clover, strewn toys,
but they will.

Send Me A Message

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What is your url in ODEo so I can add you as a peep.

d.

10:47 AM, April 16, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Thanks Didi for adding me as a Peep - how fitting for Easter!

For anyone else who wants to check out ODEO you can look at my profile:

http://www.odeo.com/profile/J.b.maap

4:05 PM, April 16, 2006  
Blogger Pris said...

I LIKE your voice. Didi sent me the code for the one I put onto my blog, then later moved to my website with that poem since it was so wide it moved my right hand column down. When I recorded another one, I do know html fairly well, but couldn't seem to cull out the code just for the odeo.

And that photo is wonderful:-)

6:17 AM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Thanks Michael - it was a tough day with all that sugar coursing through them - but we made it - thanks! Hope you made it too.

The voice thing is so interesting - hearing yourslef is jarring - don't you think Pris? My Odeo bar was too long too, then I found where the width was set in the html and made it smaller. Somehow! I understand how yu can get lost in all that code.

7:06 AM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Sorry - my o key is sticking! Plus I'm a terrible speller when I type . . .

11:13 AM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger Pat Paulk said...

I love how much is yet to come in "but they will". Love the audio too!!

12:20 PM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Thanks Pat - the audio was fun!

5:55 PM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger Michelle M. Buchanan said...

JB I love your voice! It's weird listening to yourself, I know. I've done a lot of recording in the past several months and I still blush when I listen to the show. I don't think I'll ever get comfortable with it. But trust me, you have a great voice to listen to. It's like apple pie, comforting, soothing and I wanted to hear more.

11:55 PM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Wow Michelle - an apple pie voice - thanks! It is weird - like hearing yourself in a tin can.

7:48 PM, April 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home