Friday, January 13, 2006

ANNA'S "INDIGNATION"

Perfect word for the poem Anna - indignation - I'm posting the poem again. We may be on to something here - communal, online poetry! I'll try to post another Madlib with more blanks over the weekend. Right now, I need to get to Curves to continue my New Year's pledge for a fitter me. Then I'm off to school to finish progress reports - UGH. Still, no snow here; still mud, mud, mud; but also unseasonably warm sunshine. Surreal weather.

January Notes

The backyard is one mud puddle
where we avoid the deepest sink

our shoes may never recover from.
Children wear short sleeves, turn

their pants into shorts talk
about snow speculated for more

than ten days out. There, dim
like a promise of a groundhog or

a season far off. While this one
stalls like my car off the edge

of the driveway tire spinning,
spilling earth's wet indignation.

The rest of the poem needs work now to stand up to that ending!

1 Comments:

Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

Hi Anna - you are!

Sorry for posting 3 identical posts today - I guess I was in too much of a hurry this morning! I did manage to workout, and finish the progress reports, and now I can enjoy the 3 day weekend . . .

:)

7:27 PM, January 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home